Tuesday, August 13, 2013

No Title


Hi there fam!

Where to begin! So much has happened this week. good things :) Here are a few highlights. 

1.) I finished training Sunday! We went to bishops and watched the district Saturday and finished up Sunday.

2.) I thought I finished training... So transfer calls came and guess what, I'm training! And sister Breuer will be going to Elk Grove, shot gunning and in a trio! She is amazing and I'm going to miss her, but I'm excited for the adventures and the growth in the area and myself. I don't know what I think. I'm excited, nervous, but at the same time I just know things are going how they should, so I don't think twice. maybe it hasn't sunk in. Let's just say I'll be praying a lot harder now. :)  I meet the new missionary tomorrow morning! She is coming to a great area! and on a great week! oh that also means I will probably be here for another 3 months :) Wahoo! 

3.) Remember that family we moved in. Yup. New investigators! But they are out of town for the rest of the month. They were super touched by the service and are pretty interested. We had a really good lesson with them Monday.

4.) Sunday was the best Sunday ever! We sang Come thou fount in sacrament meeting 1st verse grerman 2nd english and 3rd both. We hoped to have a lot of investigators there, but only a few showed. However Jessica came!!!!!!! and looked lovely! and was very touched. it was her 1st time back to church in YEARS! The Keithlys were there too!!!... she is less active and he's not a member. I want to see him and his grandson baptized. even if I have to come back after my mission, but hopefully sooner then that! :) what a blessing it would be for that family. There were many other LAs that showed up some we invited others just happened to be there. 

5.) We biked in the newer area! Did I mention we now have a bike rack?! 

I love hearing from you all! Congrats to T&E on finishing your 1st semester!  

Well here's to another transfer!... that last one went by SO fast! Lot's to do lot's to learn.

OH! 6.) The spanish elders found Agustin and have a return appointment with him!!!! that made my day yesterday!!! 

K. I'm done now :) 

Love you all!!!! 

Sister Hannah Parkinson

PS  One last thought...

This is just something I sent to President and wanted to share with you.

I once again learned that yes, a mission is hard because you're out all day, but that's not the real reason. A mission is hard (at least in this area) not because of the physical labor, but because you love the people, and you just wish the best for them and sometimes they can't see what you can. sometimes they have been through things you can never imagine and you just want to help them in anyway possible.

anyway that's all :) 


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.