Monday, October 14, 2013

Another Shooting Star -- A week of Miracles :)

Hello Family! 

Oh boy! I can't believe all that has happened this week! It was crazy! But good. 

Monday- a normal Pday

Tuesday- Bike day :) pretty normal day of teaching and ended with a wonderful lesson :) The spirit was strong! We had taught this family before, but brought our ward mission leader along with us. He knew the family well. She was touched :) 

Wednesday- EXCHANGES! I love them! this transfer we did them as a three sum. So the exchange sisters could do 2 exchanges at once. It was a very solid day. AND we met Gale! We went to contact someone and started talking to Gale as we were about to leave. Set up a lesson for the next day and...

Thursday- We taught Gale mostly about prayer. Invited her to church and she said she would come! next lesson we dropped a man I have felt like we needed to for a while and finally sister T agreed. There just wasn't a good spirit in those lessons. Interviews with President... I love Pres and his Wife more and more every time  I talk with them. Wonderful people. Oh did I mention that morning we layed sod for a man? well we did. Just sister T and I.  It was so much fun!!!! And EVERYONE saw us! We now have a wonderful new potential investigator, saw a couple of former Investigators, and lots of members as well as others. :) 

Friday- We cleaned my favorite old ladies kitchen while she was in bed. She has parkinsons disease so there are good days and not so great ones. Then cleared up some questions she had about them Book of Mormon we gave her a just over a week ago. the big question: Where one earth did Ester go?!.... aka Ether haha She was happy to hear her favorite bible character still existed. She just makes me smile! 

Saturday- Gale came to a baptism with us! We decided to invited her Friday. She wanted to come learn about the baptism, but wasn't sure about coming to church. She loved the people. Love the feeling. We walked her around the church and she decided to come to church.

Sunday- No Gale in Sacrament meeting! We called... no response. We walked out after and there she was talking to a lady in another ward... she came early couldn't find us. Someone took her to gospel essentials and she loved it! She went to Sacrament meeting after we saw her and she loved that too! As we talked with her she said "I wish I could tell all my friends about the Mormon Church! But they all live so far away." little did she know they are everywhere! Even Idaho! haha we will be getting a bunch of referrals tonight. 

Usually we get a miracle day or tiny ones scattered through the week, but this week was just a miracle week! It was busy! just the way I like it! but I'm glad we have pday today! haha :) 

Love you all! 

Sister Hannah Parkinson