HELLO FAMILY!
Im leaving tomorrow! I seriously can´t believe it! The first few days seemed seemed pretty slow, but after my first Sunday, the week sped by so fast! Im super excited though :)
Since Im leaving tomorrow, and dont have another Pday I get to write you all today :)
It´s been fun running into people from my ward at BYU. Some I see more than others. It´s so neat to see so many people completely dedicating themselves to serve the Lord. I saw Sister Sara Gwynn a few times yesterday which made my day :)
Well It has been a good week. Sister Line and I taught many more lessons with our investigater, as well as a few others. we have never had a really bad lesson, buty we have had ones that we felt could have gone better. I think it helps that we always pray before going into a lesson. I love Akiyo so much, even though its all just role play.
Elder Nelson and his wife spoke to us on Tuesday. They each talked a lot about how important family history is in missionary work. we were told that we will have the help from the ansestors of those who are waiting for work to be done for them. how cool is that? :)
Oh I don´t think I told you this last week, but I was the music coordinater fo my zone. It was fun, I got to go to the leadership training and zone meetings even though I just picked the music for sacrament meeting. I learn so much there. Yesterday two sisters and elder from my district and I sang Be Still My Soul a cappella as a musical number. It went really well. They were all so talented which made it so much fun to put together.
I think one of my favorite experiences here was teaching a less active man. Sister Line and I didn´t really teach much of a lesson, but we listened to what this 75 year old man had to say and listen to the spirit to know how to respond. We bore testimonies and related through experiences. The spirit was so stong. I didn't want to leave, or do anything to lose that feeling.
Ok one last thing. As you all know I absolutley love D&C 50. One of our lessons in class led me there again. This time I was reminded that that section actually has a lot to do with missionary work. I wish I could tell you everything I learned as I reread it. Maybe I´ll write in a letter sometime. If you have time you should reread with missionary work in mind.
This is such a great work! I´m so excited to meet real people and watch as the beauty of the gospel works in their lives. It will be hard, but it will also be fun and is totally worth it!
I´ll send pictures later.
Love you all!!
Sister Hannah Parkinson
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.