Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sacramento here I come!


May 14, 2013

HEY FAMILY!
It's Pday! My one and only at the MTC :) 
We got our travel plans last Friday which was super exciting! I fly out next Tuesday at 11:30am with 25 other missionaries! How awesome is that?
Well so far so good! The MTC is awesome, but I'm so glad I'm only here for 2  weeks. I don't know if I could do cafeteria food for more than 2 weeks.
I don't even know what to say. With 16 hour days if feel like I shoud have more to say; I feel like I can hardly even remember what I've done that last week! Maybe I'll remember as I type.
As a zone we went to the temple this morning which was awesome! I was so happy to be back! Such a great experience.
Ok let's see... My companion is awesome, as is my district. We have just become a family :) The one problem with that is sometimes we get talking and forget to settle back down and study. We have had some really neat experiences as a group. My companinon's name is Sister Line. She is from Colorado and is a convert,and is also headed to Sacramento which is super awesome. I really like the insights she has. We work well together in lessons and planning. 5 in my district are going to Sacramento, 4 to oregon, and 3 to London south visiters center. There are 6 Elders and sisters.

District

District going to Sacramento


MTC map!

Travel plans
I love studying! we have about 6 hours of class a day and then lots of study time through out the day. I can't believe how much I'm learning! We have an investigater that we have been teaching (one of our teachers, role playing as a person they taught on their mission). The guy we are teaching is named Akiyo. He is 17 and isn't living with family do to some rough situations. I love studying for him. I've never been a huge fan of role playing, but I love it here! It seems so real. I have come to love and care for this guy that isn't there. It's weird, but so cool! We have taught a lot about the atonement... everything we teach seems to connect to it. It is so cool to work with doctrines I have been taught my entire life and see how they can best be used to benifit and reach different people. We have taught Akiyo 3 lessons so far. The first went extremely well. The second went well, but I didn't feel as great about it. It went well check list wise... BoM, Church, Baptism, Continued praying and what not. Nothing was reallly bead about it, but he just need to experience somethings on his own before we could do much more. The last one went super well as well :) I have learned the importance of relying on the spirit and  connecting to the person. We started teaching another lady yesterday, that also was awesome!
For relief society Janice Perry came and spoke. She wrote As Sisters in Zion as well as many other hymns and Childrens songs. she rewrote the word to As Sister in Zion and called it The Sister of Zion. It was all about missionary work. We were the first to sing it :)  I think my favorite line was something along the lines of "we have now joined Heleman's army" It was so neat to sing it with a room filled with sisters!
Well that's about it. Lots of studying and class. It is a bummer to be inside all day with the gorgious weather outside, but there is nothing better I could be doing right now! I can't say that enough! I seriously love it! It is hard to think about home when my mind is constantly thinking about other things :) 
Dad you wanted an honest letter, and this is :) I truly love it! :D
I love you all SO much!!!!
Sister Parkinson :)


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.