Where to even start! Sorry I didn't email last week. A hand written letter from last week should be on it's way soon! In short about a week and a half ago I was ET'ed to Galt to be companions with sister Lacusta. I hope we get to be companions again. :) We were together for 6 days... she introduced me to all the important people, then she left on normal transfers (Wednesday) and Sister Alexander is my new companion. She came out a transfer after me so we are kind of in the same place, and we served by each other in Elk Grove so I was excited. :) It has been a crazy few days! We have found a lot of really good potential investigators but are having trouble getting solid return appointments. We had a fantastic lesson in a members home. Such good people. They really kept the spirit and helped this man, Steven. He has been a little miracle. Our bishop is Absolutely amazing and super missionary minded.
So we went to see a recent convert, Lloyd, to introduce him to Sister Alexander. He had decided he was going to make an ointment from the bible to help him talk to God. Sister Lacusta and I tried to talk about prayer and what not, but he was set on it and had ordered the oils. We show up and he goes and gets a box with the oils. he decided it probably won't be the best idea, so he gave us all the "holy oils" and Calamas Root to donate to the church. One of the few things Either of us had encountered so far.
Oh and on Sunday they asked us to speak an hour before church. I was surprised I didn't ramble, and sister Alexander did a wonderful job :)
Over all It has been a really good week... week and a half. :) Galt is Gorgeous. We live in the middle of a vineyard :) One day we we're driving around (Yes driving. No biking at all in this area :( i miss that) and there was a really old pick up in the fields and it reminded me of Grapes of Wrath :)
I have been learning so much about the Atonement this week as We have been studying to teach a few of the people here. It is truly amazing how much God loves each of us.
I love you all! I can't believe Tom is off! Have a lovely week
Sister Hannah Parkinson