Hello Family!
We are finally getting both feet on the ground with the two areas. We had an awesome lesson with Donald, a young man the elders were teaching in the 2nd ward. We found out he is in long term foster care, so he may not have to go through the court system after all to get permission to be baptized. He is such an incredible young man. He has had such a hard life, but has found so much hope in the gospel. When we asked him why he wanted to be baptized he gave the most sincere response I have ever heard. Simply it is the way he can get closer to God. And that is all he wants.
Karma our main investigator in the 1st ward is getting baptized! Her dad, a less active member came to church and met with the bishop! He will be ordained a priest next week so that he can preform the baptism. This is an answer to so many prayers. His wife who is not a member came to church as well, and is becoming more interested. It was a weekend of miracles. :D
I keep enjoying my studies more and more. I think I finally understand when people talk about having a love affair with the scriptures. I never want to stop reading. I don't know what I would do with out them, especially the Book of Mormon. This is something I learn over and over again, and each time I come out with a stronger and stronger love for God comes with it :)
Have a good week!
I love you all! See you on Mothers day!
Sister Hannah Parkinson