Monday, August 11, 2014

Teaching around the Campfire

Hello Family! 

Last Monday we went to the Vance's home to meet there neighbors, and have s'mores. It was so fun! I really like their family. I mostly talked to Ken, the dad. He had just gotten a kayak, so he and his daughter could spend more time together. How awesome it that? Anyway, we weren't there very long; we had exchanges that night. once the fire was ready and everyone was gathered around eating s'mores. We shared a little thought about coming unto Christ, and how our purpose as missionaries was to help people to do just that, then said a prayer. As we were leaving I got talking with Ken and Brother Vance. We talked about how we teach lessons to family's, and set an appointment for Sunday! Yesterday, we went and taught them about the restoration completely focused on families. (I love how PMG let's us do that :)) It went really well. As we talked about the apostasy it hit Ken... there really haven't been any prophets after Christ. He is still trying to think of one. They are excited to read the Book of Mormon together as a family :) 

Miracle. 

We had exchanges Tuesday. This time I was with Sister Lacusta! So can I know say we have been companions for 7 days? haha. It was a lot of fun. She is such a great missionary and person! We went to visit one of their potential and the ladies grand-kids were there. They are neighbors with the bass Lake bishop and LOVED the story we shared about the Army of Helaman. Also all of their dad's family is in Oslo, Norway. Fun connection :) Anyway, we got the address from bishop Sunday. I guess we will see what happens when we just happen to stop by their house :) 

Laurie is coming to church next week and with her daughter starting school this week hopefully things will settle down for them. 

We had an incredible zone training on being Christ-like missionaries. A good reminder. :) 
Well, Have a good week! I love you all!

Love,
Sister Parkinson