Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Hello!

Hello family! 

Transfers are this week! I can't believe how fast this last transfer went. Sister Bishop is going to Tracy, and Sister Hickman and I are back to covering Bass Lake and Green Valley! I am so excited! I've missed Bass Lake this last week. Green Valley has been keeping us super busy, so it is going to be a fun transfer. :) 

This week was incredible! Tuesday almost all of our investigators dropped us. That was a bummer. The rest of the week more than made up for that! 

Wednesday we took Karen, a lady I taught a little before, to the church to start her family history. It was the neatest experience! She was so happy and excited to be learning about her family. We are working on setting a time to go do a temple tour with her. Something is clicking with her. It is so fun to watch how she has opening :) She brought 2 friends with her who also had a very positive experience. 

Then there is Kaessa and Nissi. We met them in the street one evening. Kaessa offered us water or anything we needed, so I took her up on that and asked if I could use her restroom. :) Anyway, she is from Brazil and has pretty good English. Nissi, her mom, doesn't speak any English. They told us we could come back, so Sunday we went by and had a little lesson with Kaessa. Yesterday, they were both home so we taught the Plan of Salvation very simply. It was so cool! We would teach a little then Kaessa would translate it for her mom! both she and her mom were very involved and had question and loved it! So today we got them each a Portuguese Book of Mormon. 

Everyday we have had someone fall into our lap. Some more ready now than others, but all are interested. It is amazing to watch the Lord work in our lives and in this area. There is so much here! And it is so fun being with sister Hickman! I just love her! Fun fact: Everyone asks if we are really sisters. It's super funny. 

Anyway, Have a great week! The gospel is true!
I love you all!

Sister Parkinson