Monday, October 13, 2014

Now is the time!

Hello Family! 

This week was fantastic! Especially the last few days. 

My new companion Sister Miller is awesome! She is from Riverdale, UT. She is super sweet and soft spoken. Oh and Sister Kagie is up in El Dorado now, so we get to go on exchanges :) 

This weekend we had zone conference with Elder Daniel Johnson of the seventy. So Good. It was all on member missionary work. Working with the members is the only way. Especially up here. We have been doing little things to get the members involved and excited about missionary work, but this gave us so much more direction. All bishops, ward mission leaders, ward missionaries and other leaders were invited to attend. Now they can start in setting the example for the ward. 

Then today we had a meeting with Elder Johnson as a mission leadership council. My head is spinning. I have learned so much. Things I already know are really sinking in. I love it! 
I have been thinking so much about this lately... member missionary work. Think of the power that will come if all of us, members and missionaries, catch the vision. If all of us truly understand the purpose behind this work. God simply wants his children to return home. We all must work together. Strengthen each other. Bring each other closer to Jesus Christ. The effect will be incredible. The blessings are eternal. Love for God will increase. Love for each other will increase. And as that love comes, all fear will flee. God is hastening His work. We have the choice to join in, or fall back and watch the race pass us by. 

I LOVE the members in both wards, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that before :) And the have missionary work on there mind. As we begin to apply what was learned this weekend, we are going to see miracles. This area will explode! :) I can feel it. Please help out your missionaries!. Don't ignore promptings you have. We never know who the Lord has prepared. We never know how someone has changed. 

I love you all and I hope you are all doing well! Keep up the good work. :) 

The Day Sister Hickman transferred.

With Sister Gomm, who we live with.


Love,
Sister Parkinson