Tuesday, October 7, 2014

September 29, 2014 - CPR

Hello Family!

First off... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POPS! I can't wait to hear what you do for the big day! :) 

We have had a fantastic week! 
I feel like I could do one of mom's alphabet soup letters today. But I'll keep it to just a few :) 

Apple Hill: We are headed up to Apple Hill for Pday today! I'll get an apple doughnut for a birthday celebration :) 

Blitz: On Tuesday we had a blitz in our area. We had a couple of the priests go with the Elders. All 3 are seniors and are planning on leaving on their missions after they graduate. They had such a good experience! All of them were able to have an experience teaching. Lots of good things came from the blitz. New investigators were found, and we were reconnected with a lot of people who want us to come back! It really got the members excited! :) Members: We have made a goal for this week and coming month to have a member with us everyday for an hour. We have already begun, so far so good. So much fun :) 

CPR (church attendance, prayer, reading scripture): We have a few investigators that are reading the Book of Mormon, some more actively than others. Our main focus now is helping them recognize how they feel, and guiding them as they strive to become truly converted through CPR. I have been studying different Christ-like attributes a lot lately, especially faith and humility. It has been interesting to study, and I feel my on faith developing and it has been helping be gain a better understanding of how our investigator can best receive an answer to their prayers. 

Dad's day: Happy birthday once again!

Just Serve: We did a bunch of yard work with Habitat for Humanity through the just serve site! I love it! 

Meet the Mormons: We get to watch it Friday! I can't wait! 

Rain: Ok you are probably sick of hearing about rain, but I just have to mention it on more time :) Remember that fire? Well we finally got a TON of rain Thursday (There were even flash flood warnings!). It helped the fire SO much! Firefighters are finally starting to come home. An answer to countless prayers. Plus I just LOVE the rain :) 

Transfers: Don't expect an email Monday. Transfers are next week, so pday is Tuesday. I can't even predict this one. 

Ward Mission Leaders: We have the best! That's all. :) 

That's all for now. :) 
I hope you all have a good week.
I love you!

Sister Parkinson