Monday, September 22, 2014

This place is on Fire!… Literally

Hello Family! 

The big talk of the week is the fire up past Placerville. Everyone knew it would be a bad fire year with the drought, but this was a little close. The fire is in our stake. About 1/2 of 2 wards were evacuated, the elders up there would give us updates here and there, as would everyone we saw. Everyone seemed to know someone who was affected one way or another. Whether they were evacuated or fighting the fire. As awful as a fire is, I love seeing everyone come together, offer homes to complete strangers, and more people start praying. 

Wednesday I went on exchanges with sister Lacusta. We were in her area (closer to the fire). It was a good day! To end the day we went on a blitz in their district. The blitz was in the ward that at the time was most effected by the fire. So we hoping the highway was opened as far as we needed. On the way up there were tons of signs to the firefighters and guess what! I saw a few Idaho City fire trucks. They're bringing everyone in. 

The Blitz was quite the adventure. We got lost a few times in the middle of no where. The Camino and Plesant Valley wards are in the woods. Absolutely gorgeous. :) 
Oh, and it rained a little yesterday! Not much but it was something. :) 

Lots of service this week :) Paul came to church and finally started listening to the Book of Mormon. We have a deal with Jim he stops drinking, we give up chocolate :) Just lots of good little moments this week. 

We pulled out the bikes Saturday. I miss biking so much! It felt so good to be out and be available to talk to anyone and everyone! 

Well that's about it. 
Have a good week! 

Love,
Sister Parkinson

The trio at the Gomm's


sister hickmans first day to bike! we've been kicked out of those appartments twice. oops :) I'm borrowing a bike until I get a new tube for mine.