Monday, September 9, 2013

I love the piano


Hi there family :) 

Wonderful week! We had exchanges. I when to E.sac with sister Acker (asl sister). I love exchanges. I just love mixing it up seeing something new whether it be the area or just how other missionaries work. Sister T was cute. She was super nervous about leading the area AND she had to drive. I felt like i was leaving my little baby here to grow up. And she did. Things went smoothly and now (based on her work now) she seems much more confident. She realizes how much she actually knows. that she is strong. :) 

Did I ever mention the Duffy's have a piano? well they do and I like to play it. It is a wonderful way to wind down at night. :) Oh and they are gone. It's weird. just one more week on our own though :) 

We stripped paint off a new members garage floor. And with our district helped cleared out the yard of a member in another area. I wish we had before an after pictures... it looks a wonderful... except for the HUGE pile of branches on the side :) 

We sang in a different ward on Sunday. It went really well. It was for the farewell of the parents of a lady in our ward. they are off on a temple mission in South Korea. Next week we sing with the sisters in their ward. Sister T asked if she could give me voice lessons for practice... music ed major. so it looks like that's on the schedule for today :) haha it should be fun :)

Best part of the week? A new finding tool called the Saviors Peace and Blessing. Elders use the priesthood. Sisters, our calling as missionaries. Simply a way to really bring the spirit into the home. We have used it once as prompted in a less active/part member  families home. Pretty much you leave a blessing/prayer on their home (not dedication). You bless each person by name and anyone else they want to include then mention the spirit present/make a return within 48 hrs, ask for referrals and leave so the spirit remains. Beautiful experience. Simple. Strong.

The Lord is always watching over his children. Samuel the lamanite said it perfectly "Ye, how long will ye CHOOSE darkness rather than light?" hel: 13:29. We have that choice. There are too many people I have talked to this week who are just sitting and waiting, wanting, begging to find light, but they are to afraid to take that first step. any step. silly silly people. 

welp, that's all folks. It seems kinda long. Oh well. 

Love you all! 

Sister Hannah Parkinson :)


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.