Monday, September 16, 2013

No Subject

Hey fam,

Good week. I learned a lot. We had the new missionary meeting Tuesday, so I got to see sister Breuer again! Lots of very prepared missionaries. It was fun to see some of the missionaries from my 1st district.

We went on a hike with the zone today. Beautiful! We went to the falls sister Breuer and I tried to find. I made another carin. :) I needed a day like today. Not going to lie this week had its moments. There is this one family that I absolutely love. They have been having a rough time for a while and we are the only ones besides family that new what was going on. Such a good family. Finally they told the visiting teachers. Well this week things got harder for them and they asked for help. not much. but just knowing the situation Made heart just hurt. There was one day I just had to stop and pray for the strength I needed and they needed. I keep looking at the family and have to keep reminding myself that God will never give them more than they can handle. The kids have such a special place in my heart. One problem though. I put all my energy into loving everyone we teach and come in contact which is good, but then I seem to put my comp to the side a little. This week I'm going to try to love her a little more. She is so strong I sometimes forget she still needs a little mentoring here and there. Although it was rough. It was good and I'm incredibly grateful for it. Although is was hard I grew. I was talking to sister Twitchell and this week just made me feel old. It was a weird thought. But I still have so much to learn! And honestly we had a really good week. so many little miracles. :) We had 2 lessons in particular that just made me happy. Good people. Good world. Good gospel. I just love the atonement.

Thought from my studying this morning. We should never accept our weaknesses. Rather we should take them to God and he will make them our strengths. 

Oh! And we sang in Green Valley ward with the other sisters (their ward). It went really well. 

Anyway, I'm dying to find out where Tom is going!!!! I can't wait til next Tuesday! 

Much love!

Sister Hannah Parkinson