Hello Family!
It has been a crazy week, but a good one. I thought I had gotten out of ETs this transfer.
Wednesday, one of the sisters in the Bass Lake ward went home for medical reasons, so... we are now in a trio covering both Bass Lake and Green Valley. Sister Hickman, Sister Bishop and me :) I loved going to church in Bass Lake. It was like going home. Laurie an investigator Sister Twitchell and I found came to church for the first time Sunday and loved it! She came with a friend who is less active and each brought their daughter. They couldn't stop talking about how perfect the lessons were for them.
Sister Hickman is getting more settled, and it is fun to have Sister Bishop with us. Last night we had an awesome lesson with our new investigator Hannah. (Good name :)) She asked a friend to refer her. Her parents where less active and she was never baptized. She is so excited to read and pray about the Book of Mormon, and continue learning more. She understands the spirit and the way it speaks to her. She has accepted a date for August 30th, and knows what she has to do to get there. Hannah is a miracle.
Lots and lots of service this week... one of my favorite parts of being in El Dorado. :)
Yesterday we finally moved into the Gomms' home. I love them! Beautiful area. Last night I sat out on our little deck to write in my journal. :)
Oh and did I mention the fire? It has been so smokey the last few days because of a near by wildfire.
I have a lot of hope for this area. The people are incredible. We are working to build and strengthen the relationships we have with members, so we can better move along in the work.
I love you all! Have a good week!
Love,
Sister Parkinson