Monday, July 21, 2014

Strolling down memory lane

Hello Family!

I LOVE being back in El Dorado. I can't believe how much I am remembering from when I was here before. :) I can actually get us places with out getting lost! 

Well first off, My companion is Sister Hickman from Oklahoma. She is fantastic. I am super excited to spend the next 2 transfers with her. :) She is adjusting super well.  
Sister Twitchell is also training this transfer, so here we are, a happy little family :)



We have done a ton of service this week! mostly with our district and a few things on our own. It is fun to see other missionaries around more. In Galt we only ever ran into the spanish sisters during the week. 

Sunday, Sacrament meeting had just started and guess who walks in. Gale! She was a lady sister Twitchell and I ran into on the street way back when and started teaching. Apparently she has been coming to church on and off for the past 4 1/2 months! With the new year and new missionaries, she never new about the church time changing, so she has been coming to Green Valley. Hopefully the Bass Lake sisters will be able to start teaching her again soon! We also ran into 2 ladies I met my first transfer. They almost came to church for the family history class held 2nd hour.

So with boundary changes that happened last summer some of Green Valley ward used to be in Bass Lake. We went to the relief society presidents house... she was the member that picked me up from the mission office my first day. It was so good to see her, along with many others :) 

Let's see what else? Today I went to Coloma with the Jardines and everyone going home this transfer and the next 2. It was fun and interesting to learn about the Mormon history with the gold rush. Coloma is were it all started. At the end we got to wade into the river... to our knees, and pan for gold. No success. haha, a few people found a flake or two :)

I'm so excited for Erik! Hungry watch out! 
Have a good week! 

Love,
Sister Parkinson