Hey there family!
I'm just finishing my first transfer! Say what?! So yes it is Tuesday on transfer week pday is on Tuesday :) It was so great! I went to the temple this morning Oh I just love it there! On the way back to our area Amazing grace was on and the golden hills were opening up topped with deep green trees! It was glorious!
It has been a great week and a long week. We were able to work a lot with members, which was awesome! We followed promptings, and met a really nice family :) We focused on really trying to testify. It was great! There is something amazing about keeping it simple and just letting the spirit work, whether or not the person is ready right then. It plants a seed. Although it was a wonderful week, Shari has begun to question things a lot. Shari has a date for the 27th of this month. I know she can keep that date, but she needs to remember the feeling and experiences she has had. She has really been thinking about what baptism is, and the church which has led her to do a lot of research... leading her to anti-Mormon sites. Now she is unsure about a lot that before she had no concerns with. We told her about mormon.org and I think if we can lead her to the Book of Mormon read and pray with her, she will be able to keep the date. We have a whole month ahead of us!
This week it really struck me how much is behind a closed door. We knocked on the door of a family we had contacted earlier. It had been the referal from a member in our ward. The were a lot of cars in front of the house. We knew the father of the lady who lived there was dying of cancer, so we figured the family was there to visit. The cousin opened the door and told us that moments before he had passed away, and that we should come back because the family would need us. After that I began to think of each person we have worked with, both their outer appearance and the little glimpses I have seen of what they are experiencing and who they are. There is so much that we don't know. There are so many lives, and each of those lives are going through different experiences. That is something I've always known, but it means so much more now and I'm sure that understanding will only deepen over time.
Oh I just love it here! I'm glad to hear T&E are settling in well! Maybe one day I will tell you about the dream I had about cereal. or the water parks etc, haha but I think that will have to wait a while! :)
Love you all so much!!!!
Sister Hannah Parkinson
P.S. Happy 4th!!! :)