![]() |
| Our zone Rocks so we got McD's gift cards :) |
![]() |
| We also like to play tennis at the Bishop's on pday ... it gets kinda hot :) |
![]() |
| Beware! |
Hey fam
So we had exchanges Tuesday and I got to spend the day in east sac with sister Loli. A lot of appointments fell through, but that's alright. So one of their investigators wanted to have the lesson outside since it was a gorgeous day, so we sat on the bank of the American river and taught the word of wisdom. Then to make things a little more interesting, he has a speech impediment so we would talk to him and he would write or text back his thoughts or questions. It was so cool! unfortunately he wasn't a huge fan and said he just wanted to enjoy God in the beautiful area he brought us to. So we sat for a few minutes enjoying the sound of the river and sister Loli on the uke. :)
Ok then Monday morning we got a call from a young couple, both have some disabilities. They called to let us know they had given away a BoM we had left them! Come to find out it was a neighbor of theirs whose door I have been wanting to knock on for the past month! Well we met Jessica and she is a member! She joined the church at 16. After her mom past away she became less active. Since she stopped attending church when she lived in Oregon, her records never transferred. That meeting was a little miracle. She is really looking to turn her life around. and has been reading since the Johnsons' gave her the BoM. Working with her is a lot like working with an investigator. I love it! There are somethings I just can't put into words. I just love the gospel. and I love how it changes lives. :)
We past on another wonderful investigator... well I guess we are technically having the pass off lesson this week. We helped her move in Friday after we met Jessica.
We had some great service opportunities lately! Harvesting apples (we got homemade applesauce from those apples when we finished!), moving, wallpapering a camping trailer that is being restored, painting doors, painting rooms... it's a blast! It's funny how some weeks just kind of go by in a blur. Time is such an interesting thing. We met a really nice family yesterday that lives across from one of our investigators. I can't wait to see them again tonight! :)
I think one of the best feelings is being able to simply tell someone that yes I know that the BoM is the word of God and yes He is there yes He loves you and Yes his gospel has been restored.
Well that's all for now :)
Love you all!
Sister Hannah Parkinson


